Anastasia from For the Knit of It and Jill from Crafts by the Sea have nominated me for an award for being a Versatile Blogger! I’m very thankful and flattered. Anastasia and Jill, you ladies made my day! Here is a little bit about The Versatile Blogger Award if you’re curious.
Part of this award is mentioning seven random things about myself. Here are some bits about me:
1. When I was in kindergarten I had an obsession with spelling the word “leprechaun” accurately and as quickly as I could after I heard a friend’s older sister learning to spell it. I challenged people to spell it all the time.
2. I like to write poetry occasionally. I once had two poems published in the July 2007 issue of Poesia. I don’t actually read a lot of poetry, but my favorite poem is The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.
3. I really like almond butter and sharp cheddar together. This was pre-pregnancy, and not some weird craving. The almond butter has to be all natural with no sugar added. Really, try it.
4. I want to make knitting a part of my dissertation next year to finish my PhD in counselor education.
5. I have hyperhidrosis. There, I said it. Sometimes this can be a real handicap while knitting, and I definitely hate using Addi Lace needles or wooden needles because of it. They slow me down. This has contributed to a lifetime apprehension about hand holding and hand shaking, but I do my best to get over it.
6. My favorite yarn store, thus far, is Imagiknit in San Francisco, which also happens to be my favorite city. I’ve only been to the store once, but when I was there it was organized by yarn weight with animal and plant fibers in different rooms, which I think is a fantastic system.
7. I make fantastic chocolate torte. It is mostly due to this recipe (with some minor alterations), and putting lots of love into my work.
A second part of getting this award is passing it on to others. The guidelines for those nominated (if you would like to pass the award on to others) are these:
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger(s) who gave it to you.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
I would like to nominate the following blogs for The Versatile Blogger Award because I read them often and love their posts. These are in no particular order.
The Little Canoe
The Pretty Little Fiber Co.
Stitch and Zoom
Every Word’s A Purl
Fig and Plum
Knitting School Dropout
I Made It So…
Pregnant, Not Fat