My Summer Sweater Knit-a-Long project has an end in sight. It’s Beatnik by Norah Gaughn, made with Cascade 220 in Pyrite Heather. I finished the front on Sunday afternoon, and immediately put all the pieces into some water to prepare for blocking.
The shoulder shaping is a little different on each piece. Even though I think they’re supposed to end up the same length. It seems like the shoulder shaping on the front side made everything end up a little bit longer. When these are dry and I get to have a better look at them pieced together I will be able to tell if this is an issue or not. If it is, I might just have to rip back to before the neck bind off on the fronts and rework things a bit, but I’m going to try to make it work first.
I added extra length to the sleeve caps, decreasing once every 3 rounds, instead of every other round. I’m glad I did. I think they would be lacking the necessary length otherwise. Of course, I’ll know for sure when I seam them. In my understanding of sleeve caps, I think they should be about 1/2 inch to 1 inch shorter than the sleeve. These would have been at least 2 inches shorter without added length, and that seemed too much to try to work in.
After they’re dry, it just a matter of seaming the shoulders, picking up and knitting the collar (4″ of twisted ribbing), and then I’ll set in the sleeves and seam up the rest! It’s still way too hot to wear the sucker, but the SSKAL deadline of September 24th shouldn’t give me too much trouble.
Those that have volunteered to test knit for Dapper Man so far, thank you so much! I’m working hard to get the pattern completed. I took a lot of notes when writing up the pattern, but deciphering those and putting my brain back in that same place is a little trickier. Lesson learned. Next time I’ll write it ahead of time and test myself, or I’ll write it as I go.