Experimental curves

linum-2My Linum Tee is growing up and getting curves in new places.  This pattern doesn’t include waist shaping, so I’m experimenting a bit.  I decided to keep all the shaping on the back, and I decreased and increased in a somewhat dramatic hourglass.  It will be interesting to see how this fits when worn.  I decreased a total of 22 stitches, or about 3.5 inches in my altered gauge.  I’m knitting this project on a 3 in hopes of making it solid enough to wear without a layer underneath, so my gauge is closer to 26 sts over 4 inches.  linum-3The Shibui Linen seems easier to work with than the last time I knit with it.  Maybe I’m just getting used to the feel of it, but I find myself catching the individual strands of the chain ply much less than I did before.

I’m about to get to the interesting part…

9 thoughts on “Experimental curves

  1. This looks amazing, the colour is lovely. The pattern seems to be nice, but I agree that it would benefit from some shaping, especially on the back. Looking forward to the finished results!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s