This, ladies and gentlemen, is my spring break project. My Still Light Tunic is nearly complete! peeking pocketsI knitted like a fiend to get 10 inches below the pocket before the ribbing. I got really close and got to about 9.5″, then did about 3/4″ of ribbing, rather than the 1″ required. I used all but a couple of yards of yarn of the Ella Rae Lace Merino in Dark Teal. I bought five hanks, but really wanted to keep it to four if I could, and exchange the extra hank for other yarn yumminess at my LYS, since I’m constantly tempted and there is a bright pink shade of the Ella Rae that I might need very soon. Here is all that remains. peeking pockets-2I was weighing the amount of yarn it took to knit one row at the end, to maximize the number of rows I could do. I also thought it was important to keep a couple of yards on hand for future repairs. I decided I would do the pockets in a contrast color, and had plenty of yarn left over from my previous Still Light Tunic, in the same brand and weight. I wasn’t sure of the color contrast, so yesterday I ran over to my LYS and got advice from a few sage knitters that frequent the store on Fridays. They all agreed that I should go with the contrast, so I am knitting on.

I’m mere inches away from being able to weave in my ends, give it a quick steam, and take it out on the town. I can’t wait!

%d bloggers like this: